dilluns, 16 de març del 2020

Hello guys,

Today is Monday. I was plannnig to finish unit 8A. We studied vocabulary related to work:

to be sacked
to be unemployed
to do overtime
to set up an online business

We also explain how to use infinitive verbs and gerunds as complement of another verb.

I stopped to talk to my sister.
I stopped talking to my sister.

What is the difference between the two precious sentences? If you know write it in the comments.

Do you want to do some exercises? Click here.

Some of you may want to practise writing. I think now is the perfect moment. Why don't you send me an email and explain to me something about your job: where do you work, what do you do, what do you like most, is there anything you don't like. 


2 comentaris:

  1. I am not sure, but I think in the first sentence ¨I stopped to talk to my sister´ means that I was doing something and I interrupted the action which I was doing because I want to talk with my sister. On the other hand, in the second sentence ´I stopped talking to my sister´for me, it means I have decided not to talk with my sister anymore.

    ResponElimina